Hamburg Region + tag

Tag — I'm It!
  • I was recently tagged by the delightful Rina of the mysteriously named "..." blog. Thanks for the honour, Rina! After much thought over the last few days, here goes...
    Here Are the Rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. At the end of the post you pass on the questions to 6 other bloggers and list their names. Then write them a comment telling them that they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know that you've accepted the challenge and refer to your post.
    1. What did you do 10 years ago?
    Ten years ago, while working unhappily in an office and squeezing in the occasional freelance illustration job on the side, an acquaintance who was a writer at an ad agency suggested that I bring my portfolio in to the art department there. I did, got an illustration contract, and immediately quit the office job with absolutely no regrets. Getting that contract enabled me to eventually work full time as a freelance illustrator, so it was a big event for me.
    2. Five items on your to-do list today:
    Follow up with the printer about a client's business card that I'm designing, catch up on email, go to the post office to send off some packages, do some t'ai chi stretches (I'm planning on going back to t'ai chi classes again in the fall), and start working out ideas for a series of prints that I hope to eventually sell as limited editions.
    3. Snacks I enjoy:
    Freshly baked bread, chocolate, perfectly ripe pears, clementines.
    4. Places you have lived:
    Well, nowhere very exciting, as it's always been around the same area in Canada. But the places I've lived in my imagination are quite lovely... :-)
    5. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
    Donate funds to women's shelters, literacy and arts organizations, take care of family and friends, travel, and live in a nice airy house by the sea with my sweetie.
    6. People you want to know more about:
    Barbara Hepworth, Henri Matisse, George Sand, Joseph Cornell, Isamu Noguchi, Franz Kline, Marie Denise Villers, Louise Vigee-Lebrun, Angelica Kauffmann.
    I'm a bit shy of tagging six other bloggers, but for a start I'll tag the following:
    aesthetic outburst
    diana : muse
    Ill Seen, Ill Said
    litchi7
    Note to the tagged: This isn't mandatory — just for fun! And the great photo from the 1920s is from a great site called Vintage Photographs.